If you are eligible for a flu vaccination (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/ check here for eligibility) you should have received a letter from us. If you have not received a letter and meet the criteria for eligibility please contact the surgery.
Rosemary Medical Centre – Saturday 31st October 2020
Please telephone reception to book your appointment on 01202 723372.
- Please remember to bring your form with you
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment
- There will be limited Parking (disabled only)
- Wear loose fitted clothing
- You may have to queue or be vaccinated outside so please wear appropriate clothing for the weather.
Poole Ferry Port – Sunday 1st November
Please book online via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/poole-central-primary-care-network-30965218783 . Please contact reception to request the access code to book into the clinic.
Further information for the Port Clinic:
- These are ‘drive-through’ clinics to maximise patient safety and minimise contact with others during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you do not drive, and are unable to be driven to the clinic by another member of your household or ‘bubble’, we do have some capacity for walk-through patients if you can get to the venue.
- ANYONE can book your flu vaccination for you using the link provided above, as it does not require a login or any sensitive information, other than your name and the appropriate code. If you are unable to book your vaccination yourself, please ask family, friends, carers or neighbours to book it for you wherever possible. If you are still unable to book your appointment, please contact reception and they will be able to help you.
- Your appointment will be a one-hour slot. Please arrive within these times.
- You MUST bring your barcode with you on the day, either on your phone or a printout/hard copy. Failure to bring your barcode with you on the day may result in us being unable to give you the flu vaccine.
- Households attending with under-18s will be directed to park and will be vaccinated indoors. Barcodes are NOT required for under-18 patients.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – IMPORTANT MESSAGE
For further information or if you are concerned about anything relating to Coronavirus please click here
We are writing to update you on our plans to provide the flu vaccination programme this year.
As you will be aware, Coronavirus has had a significant impact on the NHS and has changed the way we deliver care to our patients. This extends to the delivery of the flu vaccination programme for which we must vaccinate hundreds of patients, whilst maintaining social distancing and minimising risks to patients and staff.
As an eligible patient for the flu vaccination you may be familiar with attending for a pre booked appointment at the practice. Due to the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in we need to consider alternative options where we can safely deliver the vaccination, where queues can be safely accommodated, and social distancing measures put in place.
We are planning to deliver our clinics via a walk-through system at Rosemary Medical Centre.
Once the dates are confirmed, we will be contacting you to provide you all the information you will need to book an appointment. This may be via email, text or letter.
In line with government guidance we will be prioritising the eligible patients including those over the age of 65, those aged from 6 months to 65 in a clinical risk group, pregnant women, children (up to school age) and household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded patient list.
Flu vaccinations might be offered to individuals between 50-64 years old, however this will be following prioritisation of other eligible groups and subject to vaccine supply.
At this point we would ask all our patients to wait for further updates regarding the booking process. However, if you have any specific queries or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 836410.
We would like to thank all our patients for your support and understanding whilst we adapt to new ways of working.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Do not attend the surgery unless you have an appointment or have been asked to do so by a GP. Please request prescriptions either via SystmOne on-line, or our website, or via the post. DO NOT collect your prescription from the Surgery as we will send this electronically to a Pharmacy of your choice – please specify where you would like us to send this. For any other queries, please telephone us in the first instance.
If you think you may be at risk of Covid 19 infection OR have symptoms of cough or fever, please use the 111 website in the first instance at https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19 and ONLY telephone the surgery for an appointment if advised to do so by NHS 111. Or alternatively use our e-consult service for non-urgent advice from our GPs.
For more information, please visit https://www.parkrun.org.uk/poole/
For many minor illnesses there is no need to visit the doctor.
Our appointment wait is becoming longer and availability to see a particular doctor is more difficult, because of the increasing frequency, that some patients visit the doctor. Before you make an appointment we recommend you visit our Self Help and Minor Illnesses, to see if your problem can be better dealt with elsewhere.
The Partners and staff at Rosemary Medical Centre are committed to providing you with the best possible care and attention at all times. It is important that we have your up to date address and contact numbers on file at all times; so please remember to tell us if you have moved or changed telephone numbers. All of our staff are bound by our confidentiality agreement and will also treat you with the respect you deserve.
About Rosemary Medical Centre
For more than 100 years, our practice has been caring for people in the Parkstone area. We are an exclusively NHS family practice, working from a modern, purpose built surgery, the sixth in our long history. We have a superb team of doctors, nurses, health visitors, reception and admin staff who are committed to the ethos of our NHS. But while our facilities are modern, our values are traditional, where patients’ needs come before costs.
Our car park is for our staff and patients alike and can accommodate 23 vehicles plus another 2 for disabled badge holders. Spaces are limited; please be considerate and careful when parking.
There is access and facilities for the disabled, including those in a wheelchair, at the surgery. Please discuss any potential problems when booking an appointment.
(Site updated 13/10/2020)